If you can’t find the answer on our website or here in the FAQ, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. How is an organization eligible for consideration?
An organization can only be considered at a meeting if it meets the following criteria:
- It is locally based (Victoria & surrounding area). Only National and International organizations who have a local chapter can be considered.
- It must be a registered charity or not-for-profit organization and able to provide tax receipts to each member for their donation.
CLICK HERE for a list of registered charities.
2. How does an organization get nominated and chosen?
Any member in good standing can submit a nomination form. This is to be completed and submitted 1 week before the meeting to ensure the organization meets the requirements for nomination. The form is then put in the "basket" with the other nomination forms. Three of the forms are randomly selected. At this time the three members whose forms are chosen are asked to deliver a 5 minute presentation about their nomination. There will be secret ballot voting by the members to determine the winner.
3. How often can an organization be nominated or win?
An organization can be nominated at each meeting. Once an organization has won it cannot be nominated to win again for 3 years.
4. Can National and International organizations be considered for nominations?
Only organizations who have a local chapter can be considered.
5. Is my donation tax deductible?
Definitely yes! All organizations receiving the donation will send each member a tax receipt. Please confirm correct spelling of your name and address is on the cheque to ensure a prompt and accurate receipt is issued.
6. Does any of my donation go to the 100 Women Victoria administrative costs?
No! 100 Women Victoria is organized and operated strictly by volunteers. There are a number of costs which we would appreciate help covering. A Wish List of these items has been created. Please contact one of the Organizing Committee if you or a company you know would be able to help defray these costs. CLICK HERE our wish list.
7. Can I become a member of the 100 Women Victoria chapter?
Yes and we would love to have you! Please review the membership commitments [CLICK HERE] to ensure you completely understand what is required to become and maintain a membership in good standing.
8. What if I cannot attend a meeting?
You may still submit a nomination form but there will be no proxy voting. If a member is unable to attend a meeting they are required to:
- send their regrets to firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit a blank cheque either by sending with a trusted member who will then fill out your cheque at the meeting with the winning organization name OR drop off to co-chair Denise Grant at the Good Earth Coffeehouse at Uptown Mall, 3450 Uptown Blvd., Victoria, BC, V8Z 0B9, at least 2 days prior to the meeting and a volunteer will fill in the winning organizations name. Members must submit payment within 3 days of the meeting to ensure they continue to be members in good standing and eligible to vote.
9. Can I send the donation directly to the winning organization myself?
Sorry but no. The 100 Women Victoria Organizing Committee need to be able to track the continued membership commitments of our members. So we need to keep track of the cheques. And more importantly, the idea is to create an impact and we do this with the donation being the full $10,000+.
10. What if I need to resign my membership?
We ask that members make a commitment for one year (and hopefully longer!) but if circumstances change and you do need to resign, please send your written resignation to email@example.com.
11. What is a member of good standing?
A member of good standing is a registered member who is current on their contributions.
12. What can I do if I want to nominate a charity but don't like public speaking?
Please don't let this stop your valuable nomination! .You can assign another member to speak on your behalf (but must indicate this on your nomination form). But please know that our group is very supportive. Most of our winners have been terrified before they spoke, but so happy once they did!
13. What do you do with my personal information?
100 Women Victoria needs your information (name, address and email) strictly to maintain a membership and communicate with you and to also to assist the winning organizations with tax receipts. We will not share your information in any other way.
14. How does 100 Women Victoria communicate with its members?
100 Women Victoria communicates with its members through email. Please stay in the loop and expect emails close to the meeting dates. If you are not receiving emails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also active on social media, so please like us on Facebook at 100womenwhocarevictoria and follow us on Twitter at @100womenyyj.
15. How long does a meeting last?
A meeting will last 1 hour. Registration and socializing will open 60 minutes prior to the meeting. And of course if you wish to stay and mingle, we will have an informal social time after the meeting.
16. Can I bring a guest?
Unfortunately at this time we cannot accommodate any guests. You must be a member to attend. We do accept membership on the night of the meeting, but nominations forms cannot be submitted that night.
17. What if there is a tie vote?
There will be second secret ballot vote between the two tied charities to determine a winner. For more information on voting, CLICK HERE